The Northern Ireland Hereford Breeders Association is pleased to announce their first Online Virtual Calf Show kindly sponsored by United Feeds.
In absence of the normal Calf Show (which has been cancelled due to COVID restrictions) this event will showcase the depth of quality in the province’s Hereford herds.
The launch of the online show will take place on Saturday 5th September 2020 with judging taking place at the end of the month.
It is open to all paid up members with prize money for all classes kindly sponsored by our sponsor partner, United Feeds.
The event will be judged by a panel of judges from across the world – selected for their experience in both breeding and judging at high profile international events.
Virtual Show Rules:
- Each exhibitor may only enter one exhibit per class.
- Entry is only open to fully paid up members of the Northern Ireland Hereford Breeders Association – new members are always welcome.
- Entry is £5 in all classes. Entries will not be accepted unless in receipt of relevant entry fee by entry closing date. Entry fee can be paid by cheque or online payment can be arranged with treasurer Stephen Baxter contact email@example.com
- Prize money will be £25 for 1st, £15 for 2nd and £10 for 3rd
- Entries must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org entries will not be accepted in any other format.
- Each animal must be registered with the Hereford Cattle Society
- Entries close at 8pm on Friday 25th September 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to take clear photos of each entry as stipulated in the class description. One front view (with full visibility of tags), one side profile and one rear view with animal shown in its entirety in each photograph. Any entry not adhering to this will not be considered eligible.
- By supplying images you are automatically agreeing that the images/video can be used by the NIHBA and will be in the public domain.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to read the requirements for each class before entering. You will not be able to submit an entry if the requisite number of images/files has not been uploaded.
- Email should state NIHBA Calf Show in title and class number entered. Please state name, DOB and tag number of the entry. Along side 3 required photographs.
- Professional show photographs will not be accepted. No persons or other identifiers (eg banners/farm name) should appear in the photo.
- All photos must be taken between 1st September 2020 and by closing date stated and should NOT have been previously released on websites or social media, nor can they be released until after the judging is completed.
- Animal must not be haltered but in a clean and presentable condition
- All eligible entries will be judged. Entries will be numbered and judged anonymously.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- Hereford Heifer born between 1st January 2019 and 31 August 2019
- Hereford Heifer born between 1st September 2019 and 31 December 2019
- Hereford Heifer born from 1st January 2020 onwards
- Hereford Bull born between 1st January 2019 and 31 August 2019
- Hereford Bull born between 1st September 2019 and 31 December 2019
- Hereford Bull born from 1st January 2020 onwards